Tuesday, August 24, 2010

07/26/2010




Hey family!

How are we doing? I thought you are doing well right now things are looking really good. A lot of success has happened and I'm please to announce 경산 has now a new member. 이상록 received baptism last Sunday. He's 19 and seems like a really cool guy, Elder Kaing meant him a transfer ago and when I came in he committed to baptism. It was really well done, in fact because are Branch is small...I had to conduct it...in Korean. That was fun. Elder Kaing baptized him and he did the exact thing I did...took three tries. I told Elder Kaing I did the same thing too.

Also as I said last week the mission system has completely changed for the better. For Mike and Randy they say Preach My Gospel really changed the mission greatly, this next step increased it. In fact, homework for the family (please do), tell Janet Zaldivar I enjoyed greatly watching her in "The District 2!" That's right Sister Zaldivar was part of the new system while she was on her mission. After watching the videos you can see her spirit BEAMING! Everyone agreed that Janet was the most spiritual missionary in the movie. But, due to our new training a lot of changes have happened. In may 2011 they are changing the whole MTC to this system:

EIGHT FOUNDATION PRINCIPLES

1. The Doctrine of Christ − Your Purpose
2. The Role of the Holy Ghost in Conversion
3. Revelation through Prayer
4. Revelation through the Book of Mormon
5. Revelation through Church Attendance
6. Teach People, Not Lessons
7. We Invite, They Commit, We Follow Up
8. How to Begin Teaching

Me and Elder Kaing have already begun using it and we've already seen a lot of miracles. (We have 3 baptism dates now) and we were just trained last Wednesday. So you can say this really is a change and it has sent a beam of confidence and hope in us missionaries.

Also it has been confirmed (or I've been told for the time being) in August I mention 14 Elders are coming....President made it quite clear that me and Elder Kaing will be training. -.-; This not for sure yet, but president says "Be Prepared." ....*sigh*

Also I found out why pictures weren't working, my new SD card reader doesn't work...>_> so I have to go buy a new one. But before you grab your pitchforks I have a Elder Kaings and pictures are coming.

That's all for this week, it's very hot up here and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment